Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Patchwork Hollow

I lay down my head
and my thoughts grow quiet.
Columns of light burst forth like a phoenix
Behind my eyes
A final exhale and my lungs are spent.

I am a captive
A prisoner
In the recesses of foreign relms
with echoes of thunder.

I am still and silence grows around me
like a dense forest
Great oaks burst from the earth
and shadows abound.
There is a majesty to the woodland
that dwarfs my being.

I run wild through the trees but
A thicket of bristles and thorns block my path.
I clap my hands together
raise my arms to the sky
And my body becomes concrete.
I bear lightening in my hands
Striking down the brambles and burning the trees
To their very roots.

I am still and a path shows me the way
Through the woods afire
I walk for miles and enter
a dark field.
There is a door in a stone wall
That ascends to the heavens.
Patchwork Hollow
is carved above the doorway.
I knock once
Twice
Thrice
And enter.

2 comments:

Kevan who? said...

wicked.

Cail said...

I was in a dreamlike state at work when I wrote this. This is pretty much what's going on in my head when I fall asleep.